Overall objectives of this training are:
- to promote the idea of cooperation between schools and the world of work through the Corporate Volunteering;
- to initiate and / or improve teachers’, school headmasters’ and other school staff’s knowledge about the ways of cooperation with the Corporate Volunteering;
- to prepare teachers, school headmasters and other school staff for the cooperation with the world of work through the Corporate Volunteering.
By the end of the training the participants should be able to:
- recognize their school’s needs in the area of cooperation with the world of work through the Corporate Volunteering;
- prepare and implement the cooperation plan, based on their school’s needs in the area of the cooperation with the world of work through the Corporate Volunteering;
- find the partner institutions which are involved in the Corporate Volunteering.
Calendar of activities
The modules and the allocated number of hours:
||8 hours (blended learning)
||8 hours (online learning
||7 days to be delivered
||7 days to be delivered
The above mentioned activities are obligatory and should be done out of the classroom hours.
The number of hours and days of the training can be diminished or increased depending on the knowledge and the experience of participants. This concerns particularly number of days put at the disposal of trainees to fill in the “Questionnaire identifying the school needs”. The trainer should appoint to the participants the deadline of sending back filled questionnaires and should estimate the time indispensable for the analysis of questionnaires and for preparing a presentation of results.
Moreover, the trainees can dedicate their time for individual study, collaboration with the team, discussions and consulting material on corporate volunteering, etc. The amount of time allocated to these activities depends on individual willingness to widen one’s knowledge.
Overview of the Materials
The Training Kit is not scripted but includes the key content points, time frames for the training modules, references, activity instructions and other notes the trainer may need. The Training Kit is a part of the The Trainer’s Guide which contains the following materials:
Part 1. Handbook: Methods of transferring the Corporate Volunteering idea from business and the world of work to secondary schools.
Part 2. Training Kit.
Each part of The Trainer's Guide can be used also independently. Particularly the Handbook can be used to advance the knowledge of the coach within the range of using the Corporate Volunteering idea in the secondary schools life.While altering the training materials the coach should also take advantage of “Good Practices of Corporate Volunteering for Schools Database: Research on the methods of transferring the Corporate Volunteering idea from business and the world of work to secondary schools” prepared also within the CVE project.
The training is divided into three modules designed to be either stand-alone modules or modules taught in any combination to meet the administrative needs of the organization and the participants.
The information for each module includes:
- Module’s structure: objectives, aims, contents, local context, references and timing.
- Instructions for trainer’s preparation and instructions for conducting training’s activities.
- Training materials.
Basic technical specifications for the training: a flipchart and blank flipchart paper, colored markers, PowerPoint projector should be available for the trainer. For the purpose of conducting the 3rd module, the coach should have constant Internet access for on-line and email communication or they should be able to chat with trainees all throughout the module implementation.